1. Don't go to the row until rush starts - although houses will be hosting events at chapter houses during Move-In days, freshmen are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are found in violation of this rule you may lose the ability to join a fraternity.
2. Rush more than 1 chapter - with 18 different chapters forming our incredibly diverse community, we believe there is a place for everyone at USC to be able to go Greek. Use opportunities, such as the All Greek Open House, to visit as many chapters as possible.
3. Don't drink - no fraternity is able to offer any rushee alcohol, and all rushees should refrain from alcohol consumption.
4. Don't stereotype a chapter or Greeks in general - a successful rushee always dismisses stereotypes by meeting people and forming his own opinions.
5. Ask questions - feel free to ask questions about house values, programs, or anything else that you may have in mind.
6. Be yourself - pick a chapter that matchesyour personality, don't try to match theirs.
7. Rush, even if you are unsure greek life is for you - many Greeks did not believe they would go Greek until they rushed. Even if you don't find a fit you will get to meet new people and have a good time doing it.
8. You always have the option to hold - if you don't know whether or not you want to go Greek or can't decide between 2 chapters you can take a week longer to weigh out your options. USC also offers the unique opportunity of having rush twice a year so there is always the spring semester.